Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
No-Joe- that was the Ithaca Flues designs-- But the best double for the $ today is a Ithaca NID- I bought one (Grade 2E 12-30" DT from Brad Bachelder 6 years ago-love it-foolproof- Brad told me the action, frame,trigger(s) were of the same quality as a M21- and I do own a M21 as well. I'd stay away from Parkers, L.C. Smiths, but the Ithaca made Lefever box locks are good guns. Double triggers and std extractors are also best for your entry level double- and make sure the stock dims fit your size. RWTF

No, it was not. jOe has a good memory, and there were several photos posted of Fox frames that had cracked. Drew may or may not have the files at this late date.

The Foxes in question may or may not have had restoration work, such as re-case coloring, done to them. The questions were never answered in a satisfactory manner. We had yelling, back and forth, but, the pictures were all we really had, and I seem to think it was four or five different guns.

The cracked frame sub gauge Flues guns are fairly well documented, along with the reasons.

We never got to that point with the Foxes.

Best,
Ted

Thanks Ted....