Brent,

I should clarify that my loads are not suggested for hunting applications. A lot better choices exist for that.

My loads are either for rifle matches or casual bench plinking sessions where bullet facing up cartridges are loaded into the rifles directly from the load block. That said I don't make any great effort to ensure the powder is positioned at the base of the brass.

I have used 2400 in .308, 30-06, 30-30, and 32-40 but my most accurate loads have been with H-108 or AA#9. 2400 is a few ticks faster than AA#9.

4227 is my go to powder for my 38-55 Hi Wall. I've also used it in my 32-40 Hi Wall with excellent results but the nod goes to AA#9 for best accuracy in that gun. As previously stated it's working well in the 30-40.

I've stayed away from using 4198 and 4895 just because I'm lazy and don't like the way they meter but undoubtedly they are excellent powders.

I've experimented with Trail Boss in .458's, 416's, 405's etc. Not a fan. Yes, you can fill up a case with it and the recoil is mild, but in my experience the accuracy is lacking.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....