Here's my story about Steve Barnett. Years ago I was at the Louisville gun show and I was looking at the model 21s at his table, as he had several of them. I bought one of them from him for $3,200. I walked down to the end of the that aisle with it over my shoulder and somebody behind me asked how much I would take for it. Just to be a wise guy , I said $4,000 and turned around and started to walk on down the aisle. The guy said, well, can I take a look at it? I thought- you got to be kidding me. Surely I'm not going to sell this gun am I?

But sure enough he pulled out 40 $100 bills and I ended up selling it. And I was madder than h--- at myself even though I made a dollar or two in about 10 minutes. I really wanted that gun.

So I walked back over to Steve's table again and found another nice Model 21 - TRAP grade and bought it for $3,200. When I got home I contacted the Cody Museum to get the paperwork on it. They had the registration and the factory worksheet on the gun and they said that the final inspection was on September 11, 1947 and that it was probably shipped on the 12th which just so happened to be the day that I was born. So that's the one gun I've always kept. We both came into the world on the same day. What are the chances?

But I am really sorry to hear about Steve and his passing. I bought a few guns off of him over the years. And he always seemed like a nice guy. So rest in peace, Steve. And thanks for the pleasure you always gave me.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 12/02/20 12:33 AM.