Fantastic work! You have done a great service to the gun-loving community by saving that masterpiece.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To my eye, the Greener Facile Princeps is by far the most beautiful and graceful boxlock.

The Westley Richards is the classic boxlock from its original inventor, and should be admired for that.

The Webley A&W-C (screwgrip) is a work horse and should be admired for its practical design.

But neither is the peer of Greener's Facile Princeps for grace and beauty. Its inward curving cocking levers allow for the nicely rounded front section of the action. This, in turn, allows for the most splendid forearm of any boxlock.

I'm proud to say I own two Facile Princeps rifles: a .450/400 3-1/4" NE, and a .400/360 2-3/4" NE.

Just this past weekend I snagged a bad-assed 10b ball gun, another Facile Princeps, gleaned from the Rock Island auction (Lot 1357, Dec. 5, 2020). I'm anxious to get it in hand. It should mark the end of the tiger problem I've been having in the back yard! Now I just need an elephant and howdah.

Curl