Originally Posted By: simcgunner
I have used Belzona on many occasions repairing blast areas of guided missile launchers. this is what we used to fill in between the ablative tiles that protect the deck and blast doors and plenums its quite a job to cut out and replace after a shot. getting the bottom of the pits clean enough to make a good bond will be challenging . The Navy uses Belzona to reline centrifugal pumps when pitting becomes a problem. good luck and I am looking forward to see your results

Cold Iron is the Naval Engineering term for the ships plant being shutdown and hotel services are being received from the pier. Meaning you are not out to sea anymore. I've been using that handle since I retired from the Navy 25 years ago. As a propulsion engineer.

Been doing computer systems since 1976 also with APL my first language and have been doing only IT for the last quarter century so have no idea where Belzona stands now as far as composition and application or if it has even changed. But at one time I earned the nick name Belzona King I was pretty damn good with it. And yes did repair a lot of pumps with it when out to sea with limited resources. Belzona was (and is) expensive so I kept it under lock and key.

If flanges allowed would weld and build up the metal then file and shape it back down to mate surfaces. Pump shafts, impellers etc. are different alloys and shapes and don't always allow that luxury. Belzona to the rescue. Would not use it on a 975° 1200 psi system if I could help it. But was always amazed at how well it worked no matter what the application was.

Not sure I would be brave enough to use it on a gun barrel though. I too am looking forward to the results.