There's different ways to hunt from a boat, as you know. Your's is fairly rough, as it sounds like you're pretty much in the boat the whole time. When I hunt from a blind that requires a boat to reach I do not hesitate to carry my SuperFox, in a floating gun slip. Then, when I get to the blind I uncase it. It's a pretty easy life for a SuperFox, though I will use it for walk in hunts from blinds, too.

Back on land..........

But, here's where it gets rough for my guns, duck hunting. I drift and jump shoot ducks on large creeks and rivers, and small ponds, in a fiberglass kayak. I wanted a double for that and settled on a 30" barreled BSS. I opened the left barrel to match the right, at .018", for steel. It's gotten a little beat up but I don't care. It's killed scores and scores of ducks. I use half a kayak paddle for drifting, keeping the gun in my left hand and the paddle in my right, which is used only to steer and keep the shooting "lanes" to my left as much as possible. A rope is tied to the paddle. When ducks flush I drop the paddle in the creek and grab the gun with my right hand, to shoot. Take time to put the paddle in the kayak and the ducks are out of range.

Sometimes I will use the BSS in other conditions, too. It's a deadly duck gun for me.

May God bless America and those who defend her.