I have had several tritronics models and currently have a discontinued pro 200 as well as a Garmin Alpha 100 GPS collar with training stimulation, and a DT Systems 2420.

The tritonics/Garmin hardware is the finest execution of good designs.

The DT Systems 2420 is the best feature system (all their 2400 systems). No other system I'm aware of has as fine of incremental stimulation control. No other system allows you to have 2 separate buttons for any selected range of stimulation as well as a third button for "rise", for a runaway, which ramps up continuous stimulation from the lowest to the highest over a few seconds, or stops when you let up on the button. No twisting knobs where two hands are needed. Just instantly available control. But their execution is just OK. Still, I consider the DT Systems 2400 series the best for training, especially in the yard training. I use mine with a new dog then move them to tritronics or Garmin once they're fairly reliable. For training to be effective, the timing of the stimulation/correction needs to be within a couple seconds of the act the dog is being corrected for and needs to be able to stop the behavior or its meaningless. The 2400 series beats all the other collars in this regard.

Last edited by Chuck H; 12/25/20 12:32 AM.