A Fecker Woodchucker comes in at about 8x usually. It has a fairly large objective. There are many Feckers in the 8x range, but most are unmarked. They are all very good scopes but have smaller objectives and may be slightly dimmer. Any Lyman Supertarget Spot will do the job but I don't see many as low as 8x. Unertls of course, but they are a bit overpriced in my opinion. Still, the Unertl "Small game Scope" is one hell of a good piece of equipment and is misnomered. It will work on any centerfire sporting rifle.

In modern made, "vintage" there are Dan Zimmerman's scopes with Unertl/Fecker style mounts. They are available in 8x and 10X and probably others.

Finally, but not least by a long shot, Montana Vintage Arms scopes are top drawer as well. I use their Winchester B5 (5x) as my competition scope, and it would look good on an old Mauser, as would the other non-Malcomb style MVA scopes. However, those scopes are not on their website. https://montanavintagearms.com/scopes/

Lots of other options too. But these are the most common, easiest found, and probably best.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]