Rem, I am 74 and have hunted in PA even when I lived in northern N.J. We hunted all day and put up birds all day, many hens which was a good thing to see. It started to decline when the state did not put out 5-6 week old birds on property that was not posted, but still like anywhere, you had to ask permission. I got to know a few places and after the second time or so, they just told me to go ahead and hunt. Always offered them birds if they wanted at the end of the day.
By the time hunting season came these pen raised chicks were as wild as wild could be and made challenging hunting. I also remember around this time in Flemington, N.J. the amount of wild pheasants and quail there at that time. Always had great quail hunting where the hospital is now. I had my first chance at a triple on quail, shot two going away and missed an easy left to right on a cock. I was using a Remington 11-48 .410 25" barrel ventilated rib of which I still own.
Now in PA if you see a pheasant call the state and report an endangered species. The state has ruined pheasant hunting and puts all it's effort in deer, bear and turkey, of which I did not care to hunt then or now.

Last edited by David Williamson; 01/07/21 04:56 PM.

David