Happy New Year to all. I finally got the "Daniel Frazer" shotgun in my hands. I have read the replies and some other threads trying to find more information or evidence of a connection between Daniel Frazer and Charles Osborne. According to the gun description I have listed above, it appears the CO mark at the bottom of the left barrel is of the gunmaker Charles Osborne. Would that be correct? The serial number on the gun is 47785. According to the ad, that puts the manufacturing date to around 1924. Would that serial number represent Daniel Frazer or Charles Osborne? I found another thread here talking about Charles Osborne serial numbers, but it appears his serial numbers were in the range of around 79000 by 1924.
The gun overall is very nicely finished or refinished and as described in the ad and I am happy with it so far. I have not shot it yet, but I like the improved cylinder/full choke combo. The barres ring true, it is tight on the face and the ejectors work perfectly. Barrels are clean. Checkering is fine.Flats are marked as 2.5 for chambers and 1 1/8.
I am just trying to shed some light about its lineage. Thank you in advance. BillK