Merci infinitivement fab500. -

Been out for a day.. The story of Jean-Pierre Didier is utterly interesting (And that on-line translation is better than mine I must say - though not as fun).

However, the story of Didier-Drevet as presented (In the machine translation) doesn't quite mesh with some advertisements and previous postings. I think actually fab500 is referring to the "Dating early 20th Century French Guns" line. This line dates 1889-1912 French guns based on the dates on Didier-Drevet Eureka Plume barrels. From 1889 to post June 11, 1912, Saint-Etienne guns used cm for chamber length.
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=484199&page=12

What we previously assumed about Didier-Drevet and its successors will be analyzed. The machine-translated post will also be re-read. There are members of the family mentioned in the post which need to be looked-at.

Previous texts show Pierre Didier-Drevet retiring in 1900 after his gold medal in Paris. His firm was then bought by his former employees Gerest-Berthon. The barrel-making part of the company, which was supposedly continued separately by a son, is new information.

(You have to be just as careful about French language "authoritative" posts as you do in English)

I bought a Gerest-Berthon 16 gauge SxS chambered for "7 cm" - with a 1906 dated Didier-Drevet barrel - which inspired that investigation.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Love this, but it should be posted as a separate line. Gene

(Jean) Pierre Didier-Drevet
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Last edited by Argo44; 01/17/21 10:13 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch