BM. the artical gun was my Super Fox with the 1st Knapp Oval that I had seen ,up to that time. Hence the Story about Mr J Knapp. The 2nd J.K oval was your W 21 that Spooner sent me the Info' on. No 3 is the 410b that Spooner discovered, now in Arizona,Private Museum I think.A1spl Parker(.410b)...Not the 12b that Devine sold at auction, Aug 27, 1995. So the "P" that you have seen at the Pintail Point 'Get Together' is, in my records, No 4....They seem tobe 'Popping out of the Proverbial Birthing Channel'on a slowly but 'Shirley' basis..Ehh'heavily worn and stretched S/O Mech.? I think you have described what We JP Gun-Types would call 'Excessive Gape',due to the 'Drop' being beaten constantly by the shoulders on the underside of the Forend Iron. If you look into the area of the action in front of the 'Cross-Pin', there is a small'TiT'(Purdey talk) held in place with a screw. The older Mod had 1 screw, now we use 2 and we make the 'TiT' the full width of the opening giving a better bearing surface. When the Drop is 'Well & Good' You should be able to pass a Feeler Gauge(aprox 0.100") between the 'Lip' of the Forend Knuckle and the bottom of the action.So, when you see a Purdey action with that 'Tell-Tale' gash, the Drops Buggered..5 to 6 hr job to 'Examine Project,Make & install new Drop,Regulate opening, Test Fire gun,Spend 2-3 hrs @ Pub making out Bill for Services Rendered. That totals out to Expensive'....(Of course, certain gunsmiths would Weld....$20.00) cc/dt.