Four friends scheduled a last hurrah duck hunt on the Maryland Eastern Shore. The guide got us our pontoon blind off of Tilghman Island and we reserved our hotel rooms in Saint Michael’s. Uuuummmm we began asking each other, Do you have steel shot? I can’t find much.
I myself was fortunate to successfully ransack my basement stash as well as the attic, where about two boxes of 3” #2s and BBs were discovered, along with ten rounds of 3.5” BBs. Some of the metal bases were rusted and had to be “honed” down to bare steel. But I went armed with enough for my own needs and able to help out one of the guys, had anyone run out of their own steel shot. Normally, at the end of the season I will give my leftover shot shells to the guide or the helper, for last minute stragglers. Not this year. All those formerly rusted rounds that were not shot returned home with me tonight. Lord only knows when we will see more basic shotgun ammo, because for the past three weeks I have tried WalMart, Bass Pro, and the Hamburg Cabelas with no success.
Whatever industry leaders are saying about this shortage, I have a tough time reconciling it with reality. Eight million new gun owners may want ammo, but I’ll bet all my GameStop stock that they aren’t hoarding 12 gauge steel shot. Where the heck did THAT go?!

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life