Gun store these days are almost empty. Watched two guys buy seven flats of 12 ammo last week. That cleaned that gun shop out of Federal 12 ammo for clay targets. Only good thing was I knew they were buying it for a local trap club to keep them open and selling ammo for a bit longer. That club limits you to two boxes at a time.

Gun shop in my area have almost zero in powder or primers. Even the weird numbers are gone. It’s panic buying and hoarding. I’m the same but did mine over the last four years asi have stocked up my reloading supplies. So right now I’m not buying anything unless it’s discontinued like 800X which I found seven pounds on a shelf. I bought four so I could load 2 1/2” 20s for a couple years more before I need to find another low pressure short load, with some other powder. I left three cans behind so someone else could have a little.

I am sure the drop off of Remington ammo production made this worse. I’ve heard conspiracy theories that “Federal” bought them out to eliminate competition but you don’t spend that kind of money just to shut them down unless you convert their plant into yours. Remington will be making ammo under the Remington name soon. They might be a reduced product line for sometime but that’s a marketing decision.

I recall Ruger has so many guns on back order a few years ago they stopped taking orders. It was a years total production and hastened the end of the newly redesigned Red Label that was supposed to have fixed that guns minor issues. So massive backlogs of orders and shortages of guns and ammo is nothing new. I just hope it passes in four years because I don’t have eight years supply of stuff.