I bought a Parker repro 20 in January 1987. I was attracted to the very dark figured stock wood. I hunted grouse and ptarmigan (oh my) with this gun for the first 15 years I owned it. Most of the "case coloring" went away quickly.
After a few years, the buttstock cracked at the wrist! Turns out, the factory did not pay attention to the grain direction in the wrist. I personally know two other people in the Anchorage area that had the same stock break...one a 12 gauge the other a 28 gauge! Mine was repaired by a pro and saw no further problems.
Next thing that happened was that the single trigger gun would not fire the second barrel at times. Worse, it would jam the action so that I could not open the gun without removing the forend. I learned that I was not the only person with this problem in a single trigger Repro. A person, I think on this board, corresponded that he had sent his Repro to three different Pro gunsmiths and it was never corrected. He suggested conversion to double triggers...and that's what I did.
When I sold the gun several years ago, it was working fine with DT. The other change was that the DT conversion actually resulted in a 14-3/4" LOP...way too much for me.
The gun had easily 1000 rounds through it when it left me.
I think the metal work and fit and finish on the guns is great. A good working Repro is hard to beat. I would never buy a single trigger version, though. In fact, all of my doubles, including two Beretta O/Us have DT...