Originally Posted by pamtnman
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by pamtnman
I’ll bet all my GameStop stock that they aren’t hoarding 12 gauge steel shot. Where the heck did THAT go?!

Why would a prepper care what kind of shot is in a round? I'd think they would just as soon have steel as lead.

Then there are the hordes of young guys, teenagers by the truckloads, that have started duck hunting in the last few years. It's like an epidemic around here. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of duck hunters hasn't increased five fold in the last few seasons here. And, they aren't holding back on the shooting, either. Skybusting at everything they see with their jammamatics.

SRH
Been thinking about this, Stan. I can't speak to the mindset or intentions of preppers. It's not my thing. But all aging hunters should welcome the infusion of young blood into our ranks. Sky busting with semis is the junior hunting equivalent of a 16-year-old boy's first "successful date." We should be happy they are out in the field, we should offer our advice and guidance when they come ashore, or maybe motor over and pay them a visit when the birds have stopped flying. We need young hunters. I know, I know, us older guys finally got the best hunting spots all dialed in and our guns right on the money, and it's a pain to have to deal with people crowding us. I feel your pain, honestly, I do. Big picture is we need that next generation of gun owners

Unfortunately....the younger generation doesn’t like advice or tips for the “old heads”. The generation in between the younger generation and the old guys are the same way....with a few exceptions of course. My observation of sky busters in the last few years are guys with gray hair all the way down to teenagers. I have to say....there seems to be a lot more guys out there with gray hair sky busting than there are teenagers or young kids. In the last year or two it seems a new generation of hunter has hit the marsh....they usually show up with 5 or more guys.l, all with beards and face paint, 10 minutes before shooting time..in a boat that sounds like a nascar..with a cooler of beer, screaming, hollering and high fiving every-time they unleash a volley at a flock of spoonbills. They leave their beer cans and empty hulls floating in the marsh and litter the parking lots with dead bird carcasses. On slow days...they like to shoot blackbirds, coots & crows...you know, just for kicks.
The uplands have gotten no better with the influx of “new hunters” either. Apps like OnX gives these adults & kids the power & confidence to argue with land owners about trespassing, etc. no matter how wrong they are. I’ve seen little regard in respecting posted land by this new generation.
New hunters young & old....I’m not impressed.