Because of COVID this past year, perhaps, the forests and streams I managed to attend were very busy. Since hunting and fishing are normally considered largely "solitary" pursuits, this wouldn't be seen by many "old guys" as a positive development. Even considering the significant need for recruitment of new hunters, I too have observed some of the less-than-positive activities described by LeFusil and was... accordingly, disappointed by it. Demographic shifts affect many things, and the outdoors crowd is changing as well. Instant gratification and social networking have given rise to values and behaviors that won't likely mesh well with folks of a more "traditional" persuasion. I see no real solutions on the horizon, only more people afield and more changes to how outdoor activities are conducted. I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet, so I keep trying to get a bit-more remote or even to find access to more "exclusive" locations. The law of diminishing returns, however, seems to be fighting me on that count as well.