Well, since I opened this can of worms, I will toss a few more out.
No question about it, wild places seem to be attracting a lot more interest than say, ten years ago. The rangers in several states tell me this and my experiences are telling me this. Meeting hunters in truly remote places where I had the run of the entire region is an odd, definitely unhappy feeling. But to that new guy, who just fled his own favorite spot that was over-run with new people, my place has lots of room. It's all a matter of perspective.
About those empty shells that go floating and bobbing away on the water's surface: I was told the crabs use them to lay their eggs, and that they provide more egg cover and protection than almost any natural location. I have caught crabs with eggs, but I have never seen a crab lay its eggs, so I don't know about this claim. Anyone?
Skybusting sucks for a bunch of reasons, obviously, but it is also a measure of enthusiasm. In a two week period I have managed to miss a huge, no make that enormous, male bobcat that I called in twice, in exactly the same location, because my heart rate rocketed and I could not get control of the gun. First time was with a scoped heavy barrel Remington 700 BDL .223 that makes a single 1/4" hole 'pattern' at 100 yards off of a bench, and which i have taken many critters with. Instead of collecting my tomcat, I missed him three times at 65 yards. He looked so awesome against the white snow that I was just unable to pull myself together. Then yesterday I called him in again, and I missed him five or six times or was it ten times with the open-sighted AR15 at exactly the same place I missed him two weeks ago. Again because I was totally rattled and could not take a deep breath and focus. He looked freakin AWESOME against that white snow! And so huge! So call it terrestrial skybusting, but it happens to even the most experienced and excited of us. That cat is probably inspecting a new cave or overhang in Tioga County right now. I feel like a fool. End of season shots at ducks and bobcats tend to be on the longer side. Hail Mary mindset. Or something. Don't judge me

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life