Back in the early '70's, Franklin's Gun Shop there in Athens, GA ordered in a batch of "factory sawed-offs". These were Spanish guns branded "Erbi" and manufactured with 18" cylinder bore barrels and 3" chambers. The gun wasn't beautiful or well balanced, but it was the darnedest killing machine I've ever owned; I just couldn't miss with that gun! Then there was the Saturday when my B-I-L went bunny hunting and got rained out, so we returned to the in-laws; and being young, bored, and stoopid began looking for something to occupy our time. As we wiped down our guns we remembered that the Erbi had 3" chambers, and that we just happened to have on hand a box of Win. max load 3" shells loaded with 2 oz. of #2 shot; so the dares began. Bet you won't shoot two of those at the same time; I will if you will; etc., and we did. So we stepped into the back yard and my bigger and stronger B-I-L went first. At the blast gun muzzles went straight up and recoil knocked him backwards about a half step; so it was my turn. Other than not being knocked flat no my back, all I remember is that my right shoulder was instantly numb at the shot and I lost the grip in my right hand which resulted in my fingers being skinned by the triggers as the gun twisted and fell. When feeling returned, I examined my little Erbi and noticed that the bottom side of the left barrel was swelled at the end of the chamber. God was watching over this fool that day.