Since Bill's thread was torpedoed, I'd like to restart the discussion. Here's the question: in your opinion, is fancy stock finish storage necessary or do you just leave your finish in the container it came in? If you use a different method or know of one that sounds like a good idea, what is it?

Bill suggested that a screw through the lid of a can / jar allows access without fully opening the lid.
I noticed in the Purdey video, that James MacDonald uses an old gatorade bottle that looks like it has been around for a few decades. Other gunmakers that I've seen use squeeze bottles with tapered spouts.
A woodworking blog somewhere suggested squeeze ketchup bottles with Bloxygen to remove the o2.

Personally, I have kept my home-made slacum brews in glass bottles-- smaller bourbon bottles mostly-- and I recently bought some small brown glass bottles with droppers so that I could easily add a few drops to the stock. (I'm thinking that oxygen is not as big of an issue for slacum, since it is slow to polymerize anyway.)

The StopLoss bags look like the most effective method of keeping air out. But a little difficult to dispense in small volumes, since you pour out what your going to use each time. For an oil finish requiring many applications, this seems like it would be wasteful.

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Jim