How about something covering the tried and true, and highly subjective topic: Future Collectibles.

What will we all kick ourselves over in 10 years for not buying today....
I remember back when SMLE Enfields were $19.99 on the cover of the Shotgun News..
Or when you could by SKS rifles for $79.99 by the case...
HECK, maybe the younger kids will say "I wish I could find a mint in box First Generation Super Black Eagle!"
Look at the market for Gen 1 GLock 17s....they are coveted.
Same trend as in cars.....first Model As, then Z28 Camaros....
What is it that the next generation of collectors will want?
Guys in their 70s remeber when the Winchester Model 12 ruled the press...when those guys grew up and had disposable income, boom, the Model 12s go UP...
The Parkers no one wanted in the 1960s....the ones with cut down barrels and "too much drop"....

What is today's best buy for a regular guy (I don't mean we should all go buy a Purdey..)
Ruger Red labels? Browning BSS? The remaining Super Poseds that are still affordable....or early Citors?

Steel shot in older guns?
The Vintage Gun Journal ran a great series about using their own English Versions of lower dose Steel Shot in vintage guns. Maybe a discussion of what options are out there. Due to the current ammo shortage, finding Tung and Bis loads is even tougher. I believe RST is the only source of Bismuth 2.5" 12ga ammo.

Also, the old topic; SXS v O/U is always good fodder.
I was at Cabela's today with my friend who was getting a quote on an old SxS he wanted to sell. The counter guys repeated the mantra several times "Side by Sides no one wants any more"....(I finally told the guy baloney).

Last edited by bls; 03/10/21 09:17 PM.