Well, it went to the plate today and the results were satisfactory. Dead on at 16 yds, top and bottom.

Looks like I'm left with no excuse for missing with it.

To be entirely transparent about the work, there is one problem that should not be. The top rib that was resoldered is not perfectly straight. It was perfectly straight when it left my shop, but is not now. It has a minute, very minute, curve to it. Honestly, it is so minute that many would never notice it. But, I have a pre-shot routine that includes mounting the gun and looking down the rib to ensure that the two beads are perfectly aligned. When I do that I notice that the rib isn't perfectly straight. Being a Libra doesn't help any, either. I can learn to ignore that as long as I now know that the patterns print where they should, because after the pre-shot routine I don't look at the rib or muzzle, I look at the bird.

Pretty much end of story. After a lifetime of dealing with breakdowns, on equipment and machinery of all kinds, I have come to accept them, mostly, with grace. Guns are no different. It happens .......

May God bless America and those who defend her.