I think its a great gun!! I'm with gjw on this. Click on the Link, read the whole advert and specs and think it through. Ordered in 1999/early 2000 by someone who had some clear objectives and a substantial Financial wherewithal.
Imagine if you will a 60-ish successful Stockbroker looking to retire and enjoy the next 20 years pursuing his sporting dreams in the upland bird field. 30" bbls with improved mod and full for high volume Argentine dove hunts , followed by walked up perdiz in the afternoon (28" IC/M). Decoying Ducks in the Evening.bbls,chokes and heavy 2&3/4" loads to suit. On the plane, back to UK in time for driven grouse opener,followed by a few days walked up grouse. Later High Pheasants in Devon or Wales, Pigeon over decoys, walked up Mixed Bag. To my way of thinking its about as an all round game gun for someone in their advancing years as you could specify. The chokes were most likely installed at time of manufacture and proofing (superior level) to order.For Purdey to offer sell it, it must be in excellent condition and the 15&1/4" LOP make it usable by just about anyone.Now if only I had the 132000USD and the rest to lead that lifestyle I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. As it is I've got to go out and finish painting the car before the roller dries out.

Hugh Lomas,
H.G.Lomas Gunmakers Inc.
920 876 3745