I gotta weigh in here.
Last year I purchased a double rifle on GB that had made a circuitous route from an original introductory post on this here website back in 2010 by George L. As with another double rifle he owned and tried to sell two years ago, very little of what was claimed about the double rifle I bought could be verified. For example, I contacted the Jim Kelly gunsmith claimed to have restored the double rifle I ended up with. Mr Kelly said to me on the phone they had no record of that gun and he himself could not recall having worked on it. I could go on and on about this gun and the other, but the lesson I learned was that some people make big claims in the hope that it’s too big to question. This same person also placed outlandish values on his other guns, all of which sold at auction (Charlton Hall) for multiples less than what he said they were worth. He did not like to answer questions or to provide basic facts, such as photos of proofs etc. And the guy who ended up buying the other rifle returned it because it was not as advertised.
Some people just live on the edge, and they always have a story to tell that just disarms prospective buyers and gives some sort of cover for why questions are never answered.
Buyer beware.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life