Pm...George L never would answer the questions straight. But the auction house will to the best of their ability. I wrote to them and they immediately put up pictures of the water table, barrels, proof marks, barrel flats, chambers, etc. I subsequently wrote to them and asked about the weight.

The gun rests with Charlton House. It would be nice for somebody to arrange to have an expert go over the gun. But it's up for auction tomorrow. I should have thought of that. (I don't think George is in the picture any longer - and the barrels were bored out long before George got the gun; Can't blame him for that, even though he has dissembled a lot about the gun).

In any event, I'm not in the market for anything larger than a 12 bore. As I said I value my reconstructed shoulder. However, historical curiosity remains. We all thought this might be an original center-break SxS Reilly 4 bore. Outside of this gun, there are only three in existence, that I know of, 1 SxS wildfowler, 1 SxS rifle, and 1 single barrel wild-fowler. So, it was curiosity that led me to post this. If anyone knows an expert in South Carolina who can go over to the auction and take a look at the gun, it would be a boon.

Last edited by Argo44; 03/31/21 09:04 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch