Thought I would chime in on this subject since I have some experience with these guns. First, the stocks frequently crack around the scalloped frame inlets. I would always glass bed these stocks for that reason. But even when they are glass bedded they will crack if the stock nut is over tightened. There is a sweet spot of tightness. There should be a lock washer under the nut and a flat washer that sits on the wood. I would also use loctite, the weakest, I forget the color. If the stock gets loose and is shot the stock will likely crack. The wood they originally used was I believe to be Japanese walnut and isn't as strong as black walnut. Second, I'm sorry that you broke up a functioning gun to get the barrels. There have been some unfinished SKB barrels on ebay for some time now. I bought a set myself in 28" for a 200E. You could get these barrels and you would have to make ejectors for them there by furthering your training, not to mention the fitting and blueing. They are not that expensive either. Third, many of these guns where black chromed and that has to be removed before blueing. I don't know if it can be chemically removed without damaging the steel or not. I don't know how you could sand it off in the lettering and rib matting. Hope this info guides you in your project.