Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by pamtnman
Stanton- I spoke with Jim Kelly and another person working in his shop last year, and he / they had no record and no recollection of another gun that came from this same collection said to have been worked on by Jim Kelly. I wrote about this above.
If a gunsmith noted the thin barrels and chambers to the owner, and that warning was not conveyed with the gun, then there are all kinds of ethical and professional issues swirling about here. This all seems obvious.

If, that's the key word in your sentence. What you've done is make assumptions and post conjecture. You don't know if Jim commented or not to George about the shootable condition, and if he did you don't know what George's reply may have been. Again, it's all conjecture.

Originally Posted by pamtnman
If people here know Jim Kelly so well, they should call him up and report back here.

Why put it on somebody else? You call him, again. You're the one with your panties in a wad over it. You insinuated you were through with the thread five posts ago, but you can't leave it alone. Whatever. I could care less about this whole affair, including the Reilly. I only posted to stand up for my friend Jim Kelly. That's my only intent.

Rave on. I'm through with the matter and I assure you I won't be back.

Stan
I already spoke with Jim Kelly about one gun from this same collection, and the claims made in Jim’s name were enough for me. He disavowed them and so I’d prefer to let someone else go through that this time around. Whoever bought this gun probably will. You are not defending Jim Kelly, SH, you are saying no one should ever hold any standard you don’t approve of. Jim Kelly will do just fine without you. Especially since no one here questioned him. The gun was worked over, not disclosed, etc If this venue isn’t the place to discuss things like this, then no place is. If you are not comfortable having these conversations, then I recommend Ladies Home Journal for you. 👍

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life