Originally Posted by BEY
Don't drink the SXS kool aid too fast.

Answer this.

Why then do o/u dominate every shotgun competition in every class/division? Dominates

There must be something to the O/Us advantage vs the SxS. If not, then the competitors would shoot a sxs or an auto

There most certainly is a reason why O/Us dominate the competitive shooting sports. It's because they excel at the competitive shotgun games. S X S devotees can ridicule the reasons given for why, but when "backed in a corner" the replies are always the same. "Well, I don't care if I give up a few birds." "I could care less about competition." "I'd rather have a picture of a S X S than own an O/U." However, none of the reasons address the issue, which is that O/Us dominate competitive shotgunning for a reason. They are superior for the purpose.

I had much rather shoot my S X Ss. I use them almost exclusively for doves, quail and ducks. I have as good a dove and quail gun as exists, IMO, in a 20 ga. Beretta 687 SPII Sporting. It has done the job perfectly on two trips to Argentina and took 8000 doves on those two trips. I've never seen a better dove gun for the money. But, I haven't shot it at doves for the last three seasons, preferring my S X Ss (mostly .410s). However, that doesn't change the fact that it is ultimately better suited to a high shell to dove ratio, or sub-gauge sporting clays competition, than is a S X S.

Some of us just have a hard time separating emotion, and sentimentality, from facts. They don't have to be at odds with each other. They can co-exist, and they do, in my realm.

May God bless America and those who defend her.