Shot shell availability in the 'normal' sense is skinny to non existent here, but quality target loads from makers like RC & Fiocchi are still obtainable from some clubs in the area as I type and the Italians make some fantastically good ammunition. Have to wonder how many rounds are presently in route to our shores in the moment. Lots, I hope.

As RMB has realized, contrary to the opinions of some [Wayne Mayes, being the most tragic]; old components do not deteriorate, with the exception of some wads left in their original packaging, when kept in reasonable environs. I've some Hi-Vel #2 that still works just fine in some old wildcat varmint rifles that are much older than I am. To live long enough to shoot it all up at varmints of the four legged variety/type like P-dogs & rock chucks being but one goal on my list. I may or may not get there.

And as Murphy notes, an ounce or less of shot in any target game is more than adequate to get the job done. One need only look at the scores being posted at bunker & International skeet in the present, to fully grasp that, in spite of whot some old 27 yd. line handicap trap shooters might have you believe. ;-) The shooting sports is chock full of 'characters'; some are worth listening to.