Posted this on the "Southern" line but no response; I need some sort of help by tomorrow before going over to Southern...small beer but somehow interesting:

Hanging out at the Southern today...met and talked to Joe from Charlotte, Vic Venters and several more DGS participants.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

But I saw a Reilly discussed before on the Reilly line with replacement barrels and the lines of a 1900's rifle, converted to shotgun - SN 1833, (see bottom of this page):
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=436538&page=54

I looked the gun over today...replacement barrels; pretty sure it was a rifle converted to shotgun. The SN is not in the Reilly numbering chronology but is on the barrels and tang. It's been reproofed as well as rebarreled. It is heavy so I think it really looks like a 1907 rifle. But here is the strange thing...no Scott Gas Check patent grooves.

-- Question: Was the Scott Gas Check Patent 617 of Feb 1882 used only on shotguns? or was it also used on big bore SxS rifles as well?

Last edited by Argo44; 04/23/21 10:20 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch