and just why is that, Remmie? Nothing builds confidence in the gun in the hands of a skilled bird hunter that to see a cloud of body feathers hanging the in October afternoon breeze- as Nash Buckingham described in his article "The Dove"also fewer cripples for your dog to find (before the Fox and 'Yote brotherhood take over. My favorite grouse gun, back i the 1970's-whe I had a fine Setter female (out of the Mississippi Zev Bloodlines, was a LeFever 20 bore Durston Special-28" barrels DT- have no idea how it was choked, it fit me perfectly and I didn't miss many grouse or woodcock over Maggie's solid points with that scattergun.

Sounds like you have another shotgun with this Simson "Blitz" actioned 16-- Blitz being German for "Lightning"-hope it is all you could ever want in a bird gun. Ever read the older issues of Gray's-1970's- era. with Ed Gray at the helm. Fall 1977 issue- there is a splendid poem by a native Keystone State grouse hunter- Don Titus-if memory serves--Robert Abbett Fall scene with a Setter and two grouse taking wing(s)- Best poem I've yet read about the mystique of grouse hunting. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 05/01/21 08:46 AM. Reason: change @#$%$# to female doggy

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..