Originally Posted by Der Ami
buckstix,
See the comments I already wrote on the GGCA forum. At the time, I didn't know you already had 3 450 BPE's. You are still entitled to do it; but "Aw man", you could have had an 11.6x82R, there are da-n few people that have one. Mike
Hello Der Ami,
Thanks for the reply.

I still have an 11.6x82R x 16ga Cape Gun. Its just able to shoot cartridges made from standard brass ... Since there were are no caliber markings anywhere to be found, it really didn't make an difference. Here's a test target ... I couldn't have done this without the "chamber improvement" ... see below ... smile

Originally Posted by Shotgunjones
A practical solution, and if it pleases the owner so be it.
I would have been inclined to modify a few cases instead of the rifle.
I've been following this with the question about why this caliber was created in the first place.
Is it because no self respecting Austrian would build a rifle for a British caliber?
Is it to prevent the .450 from being chambered due to load/pressure differences? Or bullet weight/type?
Was it to comply with some kind of legislation?
Perhaps to control ammunition supply to the maker or country?
Is this lost to history someplace or does anyone know?
Hello Shotgunjones,
Thanks for the reply.

After ruining a dozen 450 bpe cases in an attempt to make just one 11.6x82R case, I called Dave at CH$D - 2years to get form and load dies.

As to the original cartridge, the following is from lancaster on a different forum ...

" .... this is the german-austrian version of the 450 3 1/4 BPE - the case follow the measurements of the older 450 BPE with coiled case http://old.municion.org/450/450Boxer.htm - [Linked Image from up.picr.de] - there you see it the conical base with a long cylindrical body follow this old cartridge. ... "

So it seams that later, the brass cases were made in the same shape to fit those early chambers.

[Linked Image from buckstix.com]