Originally Posted by bushveld
Be aware that there we several changes made to the Boss single trigger turret mechanism until he perfected it. Some of these single trigger from the first 4-5 years of introduction had problems that John Robertson found and he corrected them in the later design. A good description of these issues are in Donald Dallas' Boss book that you may want to read about.

Gunman;

What has been yours and other gunmakers/gunsmiths experience with the early Boss single triggers there in the UK?

Kindest Regards;

Stephen Howell

On another note about single triggers in general, Vic Venters described in his book about how Westley Richards used the infamous (in America) Hunter One single trigger until about 1909 when Westley Richards developed their own single trigger design. Apparently, the Hunter One single trigger served Westley Richards and their clients well during this period, and I think that the famous .577 N.E. single trigger double rifle used by Capt James Surtherland to bag more than 1,000 elephants was equipped with the Hunter One single trigger.
x
To be honest I never really bothered with the age or what mark a job was , I just treated each on its merits ,looked at the problem and did my best to overcome it . Some you could some you could not especially on worn or restocked guns .Single triggers of theis type were made the gun stocked and then the trigger was set up and regulated when locks and trigger plates were in their correct position .