Just as a clarification, trap guns aren't likely ideal for sporting clays largely because of their higher combs? Are there any other components that might not be ideal as well? Clearly fixed chokes aren't ideal either, although I'd think mod and full would cover most of the situations I've seen so-far (admittedly, darn few). The older guns are clearly attractive to me because of their more-familiar look (blued steel, real wood, etc.) but very few are left-handed, and most are at-best neutral. Weight here (to soak up the recoil) is a plus but what weight would be optimal? I'd guess around 8 to 9 lbs., but that would be just a guess. The newer Turkish sporting guns are clearly attractive to me (many are being built specifically for us southpaws), but I'm reading some serious horror stories about barrel regulation and bad triggers on many of them, even in some of the better (and more-familiar) named guns. A great price wont feel very good if either of those issues are present, and long-term....that's anyone's guess.

Not hard to see why folks just pony-up the big bucks for the long-established and well-known target guns.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 05/12/21 09:53 PM.