Stan:

It would appear that I got the bear this time.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Took it out and shot it. The patterning board that used to be there is gone, so....couldn't confirm that part of it, but it breaks clays very nicely. At 9 lbs you don't really feel much recoil, even with the older 1 1/8 oz semi-warm Remington target loads I was using. The trigger was fine and it fits me like it was made for me (because as a true lefty-gun, it really was). Wouldn't want to tote this thing over hill & dale all day, but for a target gun (and for my rather simple needs) it should be fine. Couldn't fault the build quality in any way. Most of the newer SKBs I've seen have a bright receiver (which I'm not a big fan of) but this one doesn't, thankfully (& probably why I bought it). The wood and bluing are very respectable, the balance is about 1/2 of an inch ahead of the hinge-pin (which seems about right for me), and the fit and finish is quite decent. The Turks have come far, at least here it would seem. The comb and the LOP are massively adjustable but I don't really see a need. It is also very-much like a new gun (no dings or bangs, no worn finishes) so the dealer was accurate in his description of it (nice when that happens). In it's original packaging (with all of the accessories), it was smudged with fingerprints and over-lubed, but that cleaned up easily. I'll shoot it a full round with it tomorrow with some friends to confirm everything but....it looks like bear for dinner here.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 05/27/21 08:06 PM.