All my guns are, and always have been, auto safety and I really don't see the problem. I have shot many 1000's of clays and never been caught out with the safety on. Mind you, a stiff safety can be a pain on a cold day with frozen fingers! I have very rarely come across a safety that has been disabled but then I am totally focused on British sporting shotguns. No surprise there then! The only one was on a Wm Powell SLE with non-functioning hammers (yes, non-functioning hammers as original spec!) which had had the auto safety pushrod filed off (as original). Seeing as the gun would most likely be used by someone who was used to an auto-safety, I reinstated the auto push rod. It would be the work of a hour or less to make it non-auto again so I thought this was the safest option. To reinstate an auto-safety on most British shotguns is pretty simple AS LONG AS THE WHOLE PUSHROD MECHANISM HASN'T BEEN RIPPED OUT! One can just silver solder a new piece on the end where it has been cut off. For information the link to the Powell is http://www.heritageguns.co.uk/Powell%2012%20SLE%209622/Powell%2012%20SLE%209622%20Details.htm