Thanks for all your comments, guys. My love affair with the pinfire is as much about the makers, as the guns themselves. I resent the fact that many of the smaller salerooms did not do the research, and failed to give more details of the maker, and the gun. Digging back through my vast array of catalogues means I am reading the descriptions of guns I saw, and often handled, up to 45 years ago. Sometimes I made note in the catalog margins, but often did not, as under pressure to view a lot of other stuff for my colleagues shop. It,s a trip down memory lane (my memory does need refreshing these days), my hope is that I can complete it. I apologise for not posting details of all the Continental pinfires that are catalogued, many of them of fine quality, I just do not have the time. These old catalogs, especially those from Weller & Dufty, are absolutely packed with information of all kinds. Indeed, at the top of the frontpage of their catalogs, it stated," Not just a catalogue, But a reference book"! Should anyone want one, from any particular decade, I would be happy to post one on. At the end of our research on pinfires (and Reillys!) I hope to sell this catatlog collection as one lot. Going on current Ebay prices, they should be collectively worth £3 - £4,000. The first to offer me £350 takes them all.

However, That is a long way off, my research for you guys is only just starting.