Box stores not so much. Federal is selling direct on line now and usually has a good supply of Top Guns in stock. Free shipping when you spend more than $149 which isn't hard to do when you pay full retail of $11 a box just for promo 12 ga.

Couple of weeks ago at Caribou Gun Club they were out of 12 ga. Said he had orders in for several months but nothing delivered. While he has hosted the FITASC world championships and U.S. Open Sporting Clays championships in the past he seemed more worried about getting shells in for corporate shoots. Then again likely makes a lot more money on corporate shoots and weddings which seems to be the focus anymore. Did have some 16 ga. on the shelf at $10 a box. But I still have ~14 flats of Herters 16 ga. that I got at $4.99 a box and 4 flats of Federal 16 ga. bought when they were on sale for $6-$7 a box. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Last week shot at Horse and Hunt and they had signs up all over that they were out of 12 ga. ammunition. They did have 20 ga. ammo for $11 a box, hard pass on that. Friend and I paid for 200 rounds each they gave us 480 rounds on the punch card and we shoot our lookers. Can only buy as many boxes as you shoot but that would still be close to a flat each. Came in for lunch and they were unloading a truck full of 12 ga. Fiocchi 1 oz. loads. Asked how much and they said $12 a box. Another hard pass.

In another year more like 2 years when I run out of existing flats and reloading components may have to pay those prices. But not yet.

Last edited by Cold Iron; 06/11/21 01:56 PM.