Here are the latest findings by Ivanhoe, scanned from Southams auction catalogues. These add to the names and types already discussed in this thread, though unfortunately, the catalogue listings provide little information and the scanned images are not always clear. These are all squirrelled away in peoples' collections now.

Bond (possibly Edward and Philip Bond; or Henry Bond, Diss, Norfolk; or William Bond, Thetford, Norfolk) 12-bore, locks signed BOND; 29 ¾” barrels.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Stephen Grant of London 12-bore single; 30” two-stage part octagonal barrel; top flat inscribed “S. Grant 67A St James’s Street London.” Not surprisingly, this is very similar to the Boss & Co. single covered elsewhere in this thread, which was made under Grant's oversight. Grant left Boss & Co in 1867, and I've wondered if he still made pinfires, or went straight into centre-fire guns.

Joseph Smith of Birmingham, 27/28 Loveday St; 12-bore; bar-in-wood side-lever (showing J. Smith’s patent no. 3171 of 1863); 29 3/8” barrels. Unusual action, little seen. Looks like a Needham lever, but isn't.

Alfred Lancaster of London, 14-bore; 29” barrels; No. 3766; patent thumb-hole action; 27 South Audley Street address; converted to centre-fire, possibly by Lancaster.

William Pountney of Birmingham, 12-bore; 29 ¼” barrels; No. 525; half pistol grip; plain metal.

James Purdey & Sons, 12-bore; single-bite underlever; the 29th pinfire made by Purdey.

Richard Jeffery of Guildford, 12-bore; 30” barrels.

Last edited by Steve Nash; 06/19/21 05:09 PM. Reason: error