Dave,
Sorry, I don't have the link, it appears to be gone. Frustrating, but it happens. I do fail to see why the designers of any software like this can have something like this happen with no course of restoration, but... Thanks for your help.

In summation, don't ever send a parcel that has any value that does not require Signature Required for Delivery, because if it is missing, or sits out in the rain, too bad. And always insure your parcel for value, if it is missing or broken that is the only hope you have. And don't think that if you use generic terms like sporting goods, or the like that your claim for damage to your firearm is going to be covered. Shippers use insurance companies or self-insure, and insurance companies don't make money by paying claims, they do be denying claims. And I am not trashing insurance companies, it is the nature of the business. Follow their rules, and save your receipts And finally don't re-use a cardboard box that has been shipped around the country and is creased, etc, for obvious reasons. And it is always a good idea to contact you Gunsmith and check he is going to be around before you ship.
The safest packaging is either a plywood box you make up inside a cardboard box, or a plastic egg-shell gun case in a fitting cardboard box.

The postal people tell me the safest, but not necessarily the fastest is Registered Mail, every postal employee that handles it has to sign off for it. But ther box must be wrapped in paper and all seams sealed with paper tape.

I have not found either of the major shippers to be better than others, but I do like the Postal Service myself.

\And I won't go in to adequate packing of you firearm, but don't ship a shotgun assembled, take the barrels off and wrap separately.

Dennis Potter