Like many, I suppose, I hunt for many reasons, but a major part of it now is for the unique foodstuffs that it brings to my larder and table. I have, accordingly, narrowed my efforts to maximize for the best table fare species and focus mostly on them. I'd like to think that I never killed wantonly, but I'm fairly sure I'm not perfect in that regard. Our traditions of fair-chase public hunting and large conservation efforts (Pittman-Robertson, Ducks Unlimited, etc., comes to mind) in this great county have endlessly blessed me and my forefathers. I hope those traditions continue for my son and following generations but... it seems that we are coming to a crossroads on that subject. I too hear that in the rest of the world, those opportunities are either going or are largely gone. I dearly hope that we don't go down that road here as well. It has been a birthright that I have so enjoyed. To lose that would most-surely deeply alter our understanding of one's personal freedom and liberty.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 07/05/21 08:28 PM.