This USPS non-signature non-interaction happened about two or so months ago. After some anger abated I visited my U,S. post office here in south Florida and asked what is this gibberish on my (digitally viewed) signature receipt which I never even signed, and that my proof was my video camera which showed the driver simply dropped it in the street mailbox and took off? The usps management confirmed with me that’s the (local?) policy the driver doesn’t stop for signature confirmation instead stuffing it and signing scanning the receipt themselves with the COVID coding, I asked how on earth can you confirm delivery even with a driver’s signature? She said they have gps (doubtful but they might with the scanning device) to prove the driver stopped at the residence. Then I asked how do you know beyond trusting the driver they actually drop it off? What if they did but I simply claimed I never got it, do you pay out? She said, they would initiate an investigation but without proof otherwise of the delivery Yes they would pay out. Crazy.

Might have mentioned before but better than several years ago fedex-ups delivered a full auto Uzi on behalf of my dealer to the wrong address (sent to a co. for repair). After 3 weeks or so I call the co.to ask is the repair finished and they say they have no record of intake of the firearm. The co. owner took it on himself to track it down, found it across town, was at an honorable Vietnamese fellow’s house (!) who said he came home one day, saw a big box on his front porch that was misaddressed and simply put it away in his closet unopened figuring maybe someone would figure it out. More crazy.

Last edited by rrrgcy; 07/08/21 02:27 AM.