One of our gun club members showed up Saturday with a Charles Daly single barrel trap gun and he was looking for more information about it. It was dated 5/30, and had the usual German proof marks and Prussia stamped on it. 70mm chamber marking.

We were trying to figure out who made the gun for Daly. The only maker’s mark I could find was poorly struck or partially polished off. The first letter could have been a B or a P or D, the second was definitely an A and the third was completely unreadable. Any idea who the maker was?

I am fairly certain the wood was refinished, but it was in good condition and had a fleur-de-lid and ribbon checkering pattern. The action had very gold colored case coloring, which might of been original, as the engraving (50% fine scroll) was still quite sharp.

He let me put a couple of shots through it on the 16 yard range and I was fortunate enough to break all three birds at which I shot.

Dalys don’t appear very often in my world and this one certainly could come live at my house anytime it wanted to.