I am possibly heading to North Dakota late October for a pheasant hunt. A friend that I would be heading out with has been out many times and has four English Setters that we would be hunting over. He has told me how tough these birds are and he looked at me like I was crazy when I told him that I would be taking my Citori VI 20 gauge. He said that they were shooting 1 3/4 oz. 12 gauge loads of #5 shot. He told me that I would be pissing in the wind with 1 oz. of #5 shot. I politely told him that I would be heading out for the experience and not interested in taking shots beyond 40-45 yards. Am I being unrealistic? Everything else that I own is an American sxs that is 100 years old and will not be shot with a payload of over 1 oz. of RST ammo, that I cannot get anyway. I have settled on the Fiocchi 1 oz. #5 Golden Pheasant based on some reviews that I have seen. I would not be opposed to 1 1/4 oz., 3" 20 ga. Golden Pheasant loads but, would prefer the lighter recoil shell unless I hear some real world data between the two. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

David