Originally Posted by graybeardtmm3
would be a treat to see and handle....what was the weight of the gun? every ideal i've ever seen has been a light weight gun....can't wrap my head around something like that being possible for a big bore double rifle...

best regards,
tom

Of course it was an impromptu visit so I had neither a scale nor a tape measure. My 12 gauge 6R EE weights in at 6 pounds 13 oz with 29” barrels. And the stock is 14 1/4”.

The double rifle had an LOP of at least 14” and barrels of at least 27 1/2”. They were longer than I would have guessed. And I’m not sure but I doubt the overall weight of the rifle was more than two pounds heavier than mine. So I’m guessing in the 9 pound plus range. No extra reinforcement of the action to handle the loads. The Ideal action is incredibly strong in its normal form. The only extra were two straps running back from the action on either side providing a little extra support for the top and bottom tangs.

I would say it handled nicely but it’s only the second 450 NE SxS I’ve picked up so not much to compare it.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/22/21 05:45 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia