Email from a friend in CA, lifelong resident, regarding his good luck/bad luck. He was finally drawn for a CA antelope tag after 20 yrs. of trying. Smoke is so bad he has cancelled his plans for the hunt, due to health risks at his age. CA will not let him "save" his points for another year. Twenty years of hoping, gone ......... like dust in the wind (go for it, lonny).

"Forest management does not exist in California! Yesterday 9 National forests were closed due to high risk of wildfires. I have killed 2 nice Antelope bucks in the past, one from Wyoming and one from Oregon. Oregon and California have small populations of Antelope whereas Wyoming has a large population. It took 14 years to draw a tag in Oregon and in 2016 I killed a nice buck. I killed my buck in Wyoming some time ago and it was easy to draw a tag. 20 years to draw a tag in California down the drain. If it takes another 20 years to draw a tag in California, I will be 101 years old!

PS - The Dixie wildfire was named after Dixie mountain, near where the wildfire started."

May God bless America and those who defend her.