bkdean
funksauer
You can do whatever you want to do with your own property, but I would not shoot( or try) the very old German ammo. In addition to it costing you $10 a round, it is more collector's ammo than shooting ammo; also it may not shoot and if it does, if it is mercuric primed, the cases will be ruined. The Dominion is likely shootable, but be advised it is loaded in "balloon head cases". There have been several "head separations" caused by these cases, including in one of my rifles. I discovered that to avoid this( at least so far), when sizing fired cases, the sizing die must be set so the shoulder is not "set back" at all. Since the cartridge is rimmed, the chamber is longer than the cartridge. If the sizing die is set according to typical instructions when a fired case is sized back to "factory" dimensions, with the shoulder being moved back, subsequent firings stretch the case out again, thinning the case wall near the head. A couple cycles of this is enough to cause head separations. If new Dominion ammo is not fired to secure the cases they should not be used. Instead, other cases must be acquired or formed from solid head cases. I make Mauser base cases from 45-70/45-90 cases by reforming the rims to the typical Mauser base shape and adjust the diameter to fit the rim recess closely( usually around .595" instead of factory .585"). The head diameter of 45-70 cases is .010" to .015" smaller than 11.15x60R ( 43 Mauser) and fitting the rim to the rim recess insures even expansion ahead of the solid head. If appropriate loads are used, .015" expansion is considered acceptable. The 45-70 cases are useable to make Mauser Base cases for cartridges up to about 51mm long. To make 11.15x60R cases, 45-90 donor cases are necessary. Some people make cases by turning the belts off belted magnum cases. The head diameter of these is close to "factory" but rims may or may not engage the extractor.
Mike