As someone who doesn't hunt, skeet gives me an opportunity to shoot some of my doubles on a regular basis. In the beginning I drew a lot of looks and some appreciative comments on the hammered double I normally use compared to the O/U, semi-autos and the occasional pump normally seen at the club. As to the shooters, it always varies from club to club and is more a reflection on the club itself. Some clubs are uptight with rude shooters or shooters who take their shooting VERY seriously. Like everyone else I don't find those clubs fun to shoot at and prefer the more relaxed atmosphere at the club I normally shoot at, we shoot, we make rude remarks at each other's expense and have a lot of fun.

I watched some of the video clips from the Olympic skeet shooting and looked up the rules* and lately we've been shooting a round of that every Sunday. Of course the machines are still set to throw birds at American skeet speeds, but it's still nice change of pace.

Link to Olympic Skeet Rules: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISSF_Olympic_skeet#25_Shot_Sequence

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.