I asked this question about the need to bush the Martini firing pin after reading about others that have done it. It was also in anticipation of taking the action to the Single Shot rifle gunsmithing class held at Grinnell, Iowa. I wanted to be ready to do the work in class if needed. But based on what I learned from Glenn Fewless in class and carefully measuring the action firing pin hole and the firing pin I am not going to bush the firing pin hole. I am going to shorten the firing pin protrusion though.

There was only about .002" - .003" difference between the diameter of the firing pin and the firing pin hole. But the firing pin had over .090" protrusion. Based on Glenn's knowledge and experience the tolerance in diameter was pretty good but the firing pin was way too long. I am in the process of shortening the firing pin down to about .040" - ,045" of protrusion and going to radius the tip of the pin. Might be next spring before I have the rifle complete and fire it to know if this worked or not. But I anticipate that this will be a good solution.