I have enjoyed mine a great deal over the last 6 years. Zero mechanical issues. Love the strong ejectors. Accepted for what it is, it can be enjoyed. Put up beside London or Edinburgh guns, not so much.

Here's the thing about these guns ............ I've looked long and hard for 30" barreled .410 S X Ss (we won't even broach the subject of 32" barreled ones). They're as scarce as hen's teeth. I've bought two new ones in the last six years, the Dickinson and the FAIR Iside TG. If I could find a Parker it would cost me $40K, or more, and would look totally out of proportion because of the frame size (IMO). Vintage thirty-inch barreled .410 S X Ss are nearly non-existent, American or English. A custom built Italian one will cost you a small fortune. Dickinsons and Isides fill a void, albeit a fairly small one, for a niche group of us who love long-legged small bores. That's good enough, IMO.

The finish you used improved the looks Lloyd, and surely gives more protection. When I get the crop all in I'm going to try my hand at putting a sanded-in, Pilkington type finish on mine. I really like the way that finish looks, when done right. There's a thread way back about six years ago where someone showed a Dickinson they had Mark Larson finish, and it really looked good, too.

May God bless America and those who defend her.